Our Family

Our Family

Monday, July 18, 2011

The fence


This is a picture of our house. That big white thing is the fence that JT made for me. He built it. By himself. Just for me.

Our street is super busy. There are businesses at the other end and their employees/customers speed down our street all day. It terrified the living daylight out of me. Porter had already made his run for the street. It got to the point where I refused to go outside without JT. 

While I was in California for all that time, JT went to Home Depot and bought massive amounts of wood. He spent days working on this fence and I had neighbors teasing me about my surprise the entire time I was gone! 

This fence is so special to me because not only does it show concern for the welfare of our children, it shows love for me. He knew I was worried and he wanted to lift that burden off of my shoulders. He loves me and he chose to give me that gift.

Now it is nearing the end of July and we will be moving a city away. We cannot take the fence and we cannot leave it for the next family. We must sell it.

My heart is breaking at the thought of parting with something that JT poured so much love into. I WANT to keep it, but the truth is that we no longer NEED it. 

The new house JT is moving us to is a show of love in itself. The yard is already fenced in. There is no busy street. There a million other young mothers in the neighborhood. We are next to his work and will see him for lunch. We are walking distance from everything. He can leave me with the car. We are closer to family. 

Everything he does is out of love for us, and especially me. So leaving the fence behind isn't the end of the world. I'll shed a tear or two, take a picture, and hold JT's hand as we step into a new phase of life.

1 comment:

  1. Well that is just about the sweetest thing I've ever heard. That is so sweet that he built that for you, and I'm a little sad FOR you! But it sounds like your new place will be absolutely amazing. Good luck with everything. Wish I was there to help!

    ReplyDelete