Our Family

Our Family

Thursday, October 9, 2008

Living It Up


We have been taking full advantage of our time here! I'm really happy to see how active we are. There's no reason to not enjoy it! So what exactly have we been up to?
1. BYU football games
It was soo much fun to attend a football game again! JT, of course, was a lot more excited about the sport aspect of it than I was. I love the excitement and the cheering. The only thing I'm not a fan of is halftime. It's a waste of time. I'd rather have the game continue. We kept sitting in the wrong seats. People asked us to move twice before we finally found our seats! I felt bad for all the commotion we caused.
2. General Conference
My uncle gave us tickets to Sunday evening's General Conference session! We were really grateful and excited to go. We asked two friends and a roommate of theirs to go with us. The social aspect of the trip left much to be desired. Everyone was very tired. However, being back at Conference was fantastic! We were in our seats a little over half hour ahead of time. I was telling a friend about my desire to hear the Mormon Tabernacle Choir sing "Lead Kindly Light". He sighed and told me that I probably wouldn't get my wish since that song was sung in Priesthood session. I was pretty disappointed. I can't tell whether it's the words or the melody I love more. Anyways, just as I finished expressing my disappointment, the organ began softly playing it! I was speechless! I know it's silly, but it meant a lot to me. JT says his favorite part of Conference was the humor in the talk on marriage by Elder Nelson.
3. Family
We have LOVED spending time with Joe, Christina, Zach, Lacie, and Stephen! After all, there's no one more important than family. We have fun playing with Zach and the parentals or watching Gossip Girl marathons (the latter is soley a Kasaundra-Christina activity--JT wouldn't be caught dead). Even though I'm ABSOLUTELY TERRIFIED of shots, I'm going to suck it up and get a flu shot. That's for you Zach. Lacie and Stephen have been fun to spend time with too! We for sure thought they had good (insert eyebrow wiggle) news to tell us when they invited us to dinner the other night. We were wrong, but I'm glad we got together anyways. I hope they feel free to call us anytime they feel the need for Brick Oven!

Other than that we just have future plans like snowboarding, skiing, driving through the canyon to watch the leaves turn, and attending BYU's Homecoming Spectacular tomorrow night! Yay! Things are turning out to be so much fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment