Our Family

Our Family

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Calling Suze Orman!

It's been an exciting (albeit newly stressful) week at the Trout house! I'll give you a bit of the backstory to it first though.

When JT and I got married (almost 3 years ago!), we sat down and asked who would be in charge of the finances. JT offered and I had NO problemo with that! Well, as the years have passed by we have noticed that JT's dance card seems more than a little full these days. There's really no need for him to stress about something I can easily do from home during the days. School & work are more than enough to occupy his mind.

So.....drumroll please....I am now taking over the finances! I am SUPER excited to be able to help out my hubby with this. I'm up for the challenge and already have made it through my first pay and billing cycle. However, I want to make sure that we stay on track.


Dear readers, do you have any tips for this financial novice? This is for those of you laughing your pants off thinking "she's just a baby!" Go ahead! Share your wisdom with me. I couldn't be more grateful. :) Really.

3 comments:

  1. You're awesome. And such a good wifey! First and foremost, PAY TITHING! Just stay on top of your bills. If you're paying to any collection agencies, make sure you get a receipt with every payment, and a statement saying it's been paid in full when you've paid them off. And then when you have some leftover, call me and we'll go shopping! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Using cash envelopes is really helpful for me :) I can email you some sample budgets we sent to my brother in law when he was starting to budget more if you want...

    Good luck - it is always nice to learn something new!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have you been to mint.com? It helps you set up budgets based on your past spending. Both Max and I use it and it really helps keep us on track.

    ReplyDelete