Our Family

Our Family

Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Mia girl

It was a sad day here in the Trout house yesterday.  Our sweet Mia dog found herself a new home.  For awhile now we knew that we were going to have to give her up.  We bought her at a time in our lives when we didn't have immediate plans for children, much less the busy schedule of twins.  Now when I had free time in my day I would choose eating over playing with her.  Poor Mia spent the majority of her day wrapped up in a ball on her little bd that she had chewed to bits out of boredom.
So yesterday we bit the bullet and decided to do what was best for her.  I posted ads for Mia on craigslist and ksl classifieds.  The response was overwhelming! My phone seemed like it was constantly ringing and I was getting a steady stream of emails.  It made me happy that we're not the only ones who recognize that she's a very good dog that anyone would be lucky to have. We even had someone willing to drive the 2 hours from Ogden! In the end, we went with a friendly and local choice.  Anna's friend Whitney was in great need of some companionship and was happy to take Mia home with her.
I was surprised with how well JT did.  He gave away his first dog.  He spent so much time training, playing, petting, and bonding with her.  JT LOVED Mia.  That tells you how firmly he believed that it was for the best. I feel so bad.  Within 2 months both of his first personal pick pets are gone.  I was in tears FOR him. I took a picture of him with Mia right before she left for her new home.  Goodbye Mia! We love you!

2 comments:

  1. Wait... why did you have to give up the dog? That's so sad :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. hmm...Life is sooo full of compromises and the priorities we have to make...

    ReplyDelete