Our Family

Our Family

Thursday, March 31, 2011

Anniversary Week: Day 3

Wednesday's at-home date was made up of a scavenger hunt and romantic dinner. I did put the effort in this time and really did have the best of intentions....well, let me start from the beginning.

I started out by printing off a series of clues that would lead JT from one neighbor's house to another once he got home. With each new clue card would be a photo from our wedding day and one of the yellow roses he got me.

Then I got the chicken in the fridge marinating and planned on making JT's favorite homemade macaroni and cheese for the side dish.  First problem I didn't foresee: what was I doing planning on oven baked chicken AND mac and cheese? Do I have two ovens? No.

Second problem, not everyone I had printed up clue cards for was home. Uh-oh. So the 6 hourse scavenger hunt turned into 3 houses... But that wasn't really all that bad. It was still fun.

Third problem, I got REALLY REALLY tired all of a sudden. Like, not-able-to-keep-my-eyes-open kind of tired.  So rather than figuring out the dinner issue I just got in bed and took a half hour nap before JT got home. Thank heavens the kids were asleep in their cribs or I might've died.

But even with all those problems, it was totally worth it. JT had the sweetest smile on his face when he got back from the scavenger hunt. He thought it was really cute and was happy to re-give me my roses. His gratitude made it all worth it. I love you JT!

Moral of the story this time: Go with the flow. When you plan a date for every night of the week, normal life is gonna get in the way. But it's a good way to practice keeping the romance alive while taking care of daily responsibilities. And it's FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment