Our Family

Our Family

Friday, September 25, 2009

Doing my part

Being unable to help out by getting a job has been pretty rough on me lately. I watch how hard JT works and I just sit at home and play the housewife. I know that the safety and health of the kids and myself is my top priority--I just keep feeling like I need to contribute! So after some brainstorming I have it!

1. I'm going to start a from-home tutoring business! I love school and have a knack for subjects I love. So I've decided to tutor kids K-12 in English, History, and Spanish! I'm soo nervous. Oh, and I'm also going to do some ESL tutoring if I can. We'll have to see how it goes. I just barely posted the ads on craigslist and still have a ton of marketing to do. It'll hopefully go well!
P.S. does anyone have any ideas for creative names for the business? I'm stuck.

2. We've already got ourselves a dog and a cat...and well, there's still a little room to spare. Right now, that is. I've decided (and JT has agreed) to start a doggy daycare business! We'll be taking on one extra dog at a time. We would do cats, but Snickers has a big issue with fellow felines. It's too much of a hassle to be worth it. Mia on the other hand, LOVES company! We would take in the extra dog and I would take it with me on short intermittent walks throughout the day, play with it, train it with Mia, and feed it. It's probably not going to be a huge money maker, but any extra cash helps. We'll ask them to bring their own food for the dog (new food gives them diarrhea anyways) and will avoid having to spend any extra money. We've already got extra leashes, toys, and a crate! Our amazingly talented friend Alex has already created the logo for the flyers. It's gonna be called The Doghouse!

No comments:

Post a Comment