Our Family

Our Family

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Copycat Spouse Sleepover Date

One of my new favorite blogs to read is The Dating Divas. It's a group of women who realize the importance of continuing to "date" your husband to strengthen your marriage. When I read this post about having a spouse sleepover date, I thought it'd be the perfect date to copy!
For some reason I didn't get a picture of the invitation, but it's ok. JT never saw it anyways. He saw the note on our front door and assumed someone left it for me. He yanked it off without reading it and walked inside. Sadness. Oh well. It read:
"Join me and we'll go camp
but not the kind with water
no, you're passport won't get a stamp
but there may be a POTTER"

Horribly corny, I know. JT really wanted to go see the new Harry Potter movie so I figured it'd be fun getting caught up on the old ones while on our "camp out".
I dragged our spare mattress into the living room and did my best to decorate around the baby gear. I also had JT's favorite pizza delivered along with a bottle of Dr. Pepper.
It was so much fun and JT was very grateful! I loved taking the time to show JT how much he means to me and can't figure out why I haven't done it more often. After this experience, I plan on putting together at least 2 spouse dates a month. There's no reason why my #1 man shouldn't get star treatment.
My only warning: make sure you know your spouse's work schedule! I assumed he had the next day off. Oops. I guess we'll have to do that pancake breakfast another day. :)




No comments:

Post a Comment