Our Family

Our Family

Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Veteran's Day

I am BEYOND excited for Veteran's Day on Thursday! JT has the whole day off of work! AND he's a veteran! HOW COOL IS THAT?! I'm trying to think of something to do for him and others that day. I'm going to start checking to see if Provo has any special programs going on or if a local rest home would like a couple of cute twinners delivering some grateful smiles. :) As for JT, I'm at a total loss! I thought about trying to do a small get together but can't seem to make up my mind. I know he'll read this so maybe he'll come up with something he wants to do. He's already promised me that he'll have our US flag and the USMC flag up and waving in time for Thursday! YAY!
As the rest of you prepare to observe Veteran's Day this year, I highly recommend you take a look at this post on Remembrance Day over at A Mama's Two Cents Worth. It's a beautiful post about remembering the sacrifice people have made in this life. She also has a series of free printables you can download for this Veteran's Day/Remembrance Day. Please take the time to read through the poem she's posted. I sang it once in high school and the melody has haunted me ever since. It's poetic beauty at it's best.
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment