Our Family

Our Family

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

To music, with love

I've had music a lot on my mind lately. I sure do miss it a heck of a lot. I've only recently appreciated just how big an influence the piano was in my life. I was never really good at the piano since I was mostly self-taught. But I could pour my heart into whatever I was playing and suddenly life was a little better. I haven't had access to a piano in almost 3 years and I am just realizing the toll it's taken on me. I've been going through some hard trials of late and found myself in tears one night because there was no piano to go to.

But it's ok. One day we'll have the money to afford one and all will be right with the world. In the meantime, I give thanks to my Heavenly Father for this gift of self-expression that He's given me through music. I can appreciate the talents that others have and feel its influence in my life. Music is cathartic in a way that exercise, writing, reading, shopping, etc. never could be. I am also grateful for the realization. It's a lot easier to be less frustrated when I at least know what element is missing from my life. :) So even though I feel like I'm complaining, I really am grateful. For the time being I'll make myself content with singing "Los Pollitos" again and again and again to the delighted faces of two adorable ten-month olds.


1 comment:

  1. I know what you mean...when I get busy, I get off balance and always try to find my way back to a creative outlet!

    I found your blog because I saw your comment on Infarrantly Creative about the Milestone Month Onesies. Thank you so much for "Liking" us on facebook! I am so glad I found your blog. I am following now and looking forward to reading more.

    I wanted to let you know that Amy Jo and I are having a sale today, Cyber Monday- 20% off and free shipping. Check out my blog post today for more of our story and some cute baby pictures (the best Monday posts are the ones that make you smile!) Thanks again for following us on Facebook!

    ReplyDelete