Our Family

Our Family

Thursday, February 10, 2011

Craft Room

As some of you may have noticed, I have become extremely interested in crafting. In fact, I'm pretty much obsessed! It seems like every month a new cardboard box sits in my kitchen, filled to the brim. JT will walk in, point at it, and ask "what is that?" My response is "my crafts".  I currently count 5 boxes living the life of a nomad in our garage. Last month JT suggested that we make his office into an office/craft room so I wouldn't be relegated to the garage every time I needed something.
My response? HECK YES!

As you can see, I'm only slightly excited. ;)
The Scotts came over not long after and helped to clean and organize our home. As my parents and past roommates can tell you, organization does not come naturally to me. I've grown a lot since then, but it's still a struggle for me. It didn't help that we haphazardly packed up all our belongings and moved to Arkansas 2 summers ago, packed again and moved back 4 months later, and then packed again and moved within Provo less than 2 months later.  To be honest, there were boxes that never got around to being UNpacked. There just wasn't time. Did I mention I was pregnant with twins? Yikes. I wasn't allowed to move boxes and almost all of them were heavy. I found that even if I found a box on the floor that I could unpack without any exertion, the things inside could end up being too heavy or overwhelming to try and place. For example, I wanted to cry every time I found a box full of books because our bookcase wasn't set up yet. Nothing was in its place and I was expecting 2 babies to arrive ANY DAY (everyone assumed the twins would come early as they usually do. Not so in our case).
So when I say that I am grateful to the Scotts for coming and clearing my home of the leftover and piled up stuff, I mean that my entire life and happiness has been changed by that one act of compassion.

So now that the house is organized and I don't spend every minute of the day fretting over it, it is time to set up our craft room!!!!!!!  It will take some time, but I am SO excited to get started. I found some pictures that kind of capture what I'm going for:




We're thinking we'll split the closet in that room between crafts and clothing. This picture is pretty close to what we're planning...at least for half it.


 And lastly, here are the craft rooms that ours will most likely end up looking like. EEK! I'm so excited!







Just try to not be inspired by all that crafty goodness! I dare you!

4 comments:

  1. You have inspired me and my pathetic craft area! I WILL get it organized and those inspiration pictures will be copied. Thanks for the kick in the butt! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh! I loved! I find here more craft rooms for my collection...

    Hugs
    Lena Muniz
    www.omodernario.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved!
    www.omodernario.blogspot.com
    Lena Muniz

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE IT! I am so excited because I am getting a craft room as soon as our basement gets finished! I'm tired of having it in the corner of our bedroom!

    ReplyDelete