...unless you're Bakerella. Then they're always in vogue.
Today was my first EVER attempt at the infamous pops, and I've gotta say I LOVE them! They were so easy and it was all done in 20 minutes. So in case any of you are arriving to the party fashionably late, like myself, I've posted the steps for you!
*Cheering* Thank you, thank you. I love you all too.
1. First, burn a few cupcakes you were working on for the baby shower tomorrow.
Ok, not really...but that was my first step. I baked 50 cupcakes and burnt 6 of them. Not wanting to put them to waste, I figured it was the perfect time to try cake pops!
3. I rolled the crumb and frosting mixture into little balls. Kind of like when you're working with cookie dough...
4. I stuck those little suckers into the freezer for a minute or so to make them easier to work with.
5. While the balls were in the fridge, I grabbed my white baking chips and melted them in the microwave.
8. I put the cake pops back in the freezer for a little while to make sure the sticks were nice and secure.
I then took the opportunity to feed my kids. Demanding, aren't they? Haha. I was so happy to see them eagerly gobble up the bean and beef chili I gave them! That's unheard of! As soon as I saw they would eat it, I rushed back into the kitchen and cut up a bunch of peppers and mushrooms to sneak in. They never noticed! SUCCESS!