Our Family

Our Family

Monday, June 14, 2010

Pogo

We have had a new kitten running around here for a little less than 2 months now.  I felt so bad for JT over losing Snickers.  I thought a new little kitten would help him feel better.  Plus, where we live has a mice problem and word on the street is a cat helps to keep it at bay.  When one of my neighbors had kittens I thought it would be a good surprise for JT!
Poor guy.  He woke up from his Sunday nap with a cat in his face and me enthusiastically asking him if he liked it.  Looking back on it, I was soooo psycho.  He liked the cat but I've come to realize that a cat isn't what he wanted.  He wanted Snickers. :(  If I had it to do all over again I think I'd take him to the pound and have him pick out his own cat.
Anyways, this little kitten was super adorable but too young to be adopted out.  We didn't know that and ended up having to buy it formula for food.  3 babies on formula in my house!!!  The kitten got to the point where it assumed I was making him food when I was prepping bottles for the twins.
The little guy had too much energy and gusto for his little body.  He'd run down the hall and have to double hop to get his back legs to catch up with his front legs! So we decided to name him Pogo! I think it fit much better than our first choice of Taquito.
Pogo is the neighborhood clown.  As soon as he was old enough, he was relegated to the outdoors with the garage as his personal abode. He still thinks that he's a house cat and sneaks into any house with an open door.  He attacks myself and our neighbors ALL the time!  JT will be pulling groceries out of the car and find his feet getting swatted from under the car.  Our neighbor was gardening and soon had her hands being attacked by Pogo and his amazing back flips over her flowers!  The neighborhood kids love him and are really sweet with him.  He's a goof ball and I love it.
Thank heavens for no more animals IN our house!

No comments:

Post a Comment