Our Family

Our Family

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Baby girl closet divider

This past Saturday was my old roommate Courtenay's baby shower. She's going to have a BEAUTIFUL baby girl in a few weeks and I couldn't be more excited for her! We had fun catching up, eating taco soup & pumpkin cheesecake, and talking about how wonderful this little bundle of joy will be for she and her husband.

I had wanted to give her something useful for the baby, but I also wanted to make it personal. As I paced up and down my own nursery my eyes fell on the jumbled mess we call a closet. I realized that as frivolous as it seemed, closet dividers would have been SOOOO useful.

So it was settled. I decided to make her closet dividers loosely based off of this tutorial I found at Under the Sycamore.

First off, I headed straight to Hobby Lobby to gather my supplies: 6 wooden "O"s; pink sheets of scrapbook paper; one bottle of mod podge; and a sheet of tiny brown rhinestones. I already had an exacto knife and ribbon on hand.

1.  Cover the front of the "O" in mod podge and lay it face down on a sheet of scrapbook paper.  Make sure the pretty part of the paper is face down as well. Wait for the mod podge to dry and then use the exacto knife to cut the paper around the "O".

2.  Print out the month numbers on one of the sheets and mod podge them to the back of the "O"s so the number is visible through the middle.

3.  Next, I hot glued ribbon to the top of the "O"s so they could be hung from a curtain rod. This can be done before or after step 2. I didn't want a plain white background on the back-half of the "O"s so I didn't care about keeping the white pristine.

4. To add to the "pretty factor", I mod podged more scrapbook paper to the back of the "O"s. As you can see, I did have some issues pulling off the flawless look. I'll work on perfecting that.

5. Lastly, I decorated the front of the "O"s with mini brown rhinestones.

**note**
Mod podging paper to paper has the same effect as glue--it will make it ripple. :( Next time I'll try something different.



I REALLY LOVED the way these closet dividers came out!!!!!!!!!!! JT loved them too. He made sure I told Courtenay that if she didn't want them, it was okay. They weren't cute anyways and I would only then have to make more for Porter's closet.  Ya.......no chance. :) 


Linking to:

The DIY Show Off

http://www.thethriftyhome.com
giveaways
Photobucket
IhookedupwithHoHlamespice

2 comments:

  1. Love this! I was trying to find ideas of how to make nursery clothes dividers--great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We absolutely LOVE them! Thank you sooooo much!

    ReplyDelete