Our Family

Our Family

Wednesday, November 25, 2009

I am thankful

With Thanksgiving being today, I thought it was only too appropriate to express my gratitude. So here we go....

1. I'm grateful for JT
Jonathan really goes out of his way to be the best husband I could ever ask for. He's my best friend and the one person with whom I can feel completely happy with. I breathe easier when I'm around him. Sometimes I feel guilty for how much I rely on him for just my existence. But unless I'm having a pregnancy freak-out moment where he's not allowed to leave me to just go to the store--I think he sort of likes it. I'm grateful for the example he is to me in my life. His faith really knows no bounds and he's helped me gain perspective more than once. JT will sacrifice without a word. AND...in spite of my flaws and oddities, he loves me!

2. I'm grateful for Delilah and Porter
It's strange to think of them as actual people. All I see when I say their names are little babies who like to pummel me from the inside out. :) Actually, they're getting a little more gentler these days with mommy's ribs and sciatic nerve. I'm grateful that they exist and that Heavenly Father has entrusted us with their two little souls. Pretty soon here they're going to be two perfect little darlings in our arms. I'm not ready for motherhood. I don't think I am even close. But I AM grateful for the trust our Heavenly Father has in me. These two kids are going to challenge me in ways I can't even imagine. No amount of "what if" planning will cover the bases. But I look forward to getting to know each of their personalities and teaching them everything I possibly can. If they grow up loving the gospel, loving their family, and loving to learn...then I'll be happy.

3. I'm grateful for family
Family is one of the most important things in the world to me. I'm so grateful for the relationships I have with them! I love my parents, siblings, grandparents, aunts, uncles, and cousins (mind you, this all includes in-laws!). I'm also grateful for the many people who have adopted us as family over the years. JT and I often wonder at how we have been so blessed. The hardest part now for both of us is knowing what our kids will be missing out on. I think that may be a big part of the reason that JT would like to go back to California some day.

*switching to list format. This takes a lot of work!

I'm thankful for...
4. The gospel of Jesus Christ and all that entails
5. our new house
6. our new ward
7. our new relief society that stops by to check on me and bring us food
8. BYU (even with all my whining!)
9. UVU
10. Wells Fargo
11. Joy
12. Laughter
13. the mountains
14. the seasons
15. Mia & Snickers (most of the time!)
16. our country
17. our servicemen & women
18. education
19. FOOD
20. clothing
21. our car
22. generosity
23. past trials
24. friends
25. technology
26. music
27. comfy beds!
28. dance
29. bubble baths
30. LOVE

there's so much I could add to this and so much I actually should...but today is El dia de accion de gracias! Thanksgiving translated literally from Spanish: The day of action of thanks. So today I would like to be actively grateful. Off I go!

No comments:

Post a Comment