Our Family

Our Family

Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Riverside Baby Shower

Our ob/gyn has been warning us all along that I may have to do bedrest at some point in my pregnancy and that the smart thing to do would be to get the baby showers done with quickly. We followed his advice and although I am not likely to be on bedrest anytime soon, we're soo happy that we've already had the showers! We honestly can't understand now why people would bother waiting until right before the birth! It's totally AWESOME to have PLENTY of time to set up a nursery and search for those great deals on the few items you didn't get! Well, ok now. I'll get off my soapbox now and write about the great Riverside shower that our family and friends pulled off for us. :)

September brought the big day and I arrived in Riverside the day before the shower. I noticed that my mom was a little stressed. After seeing how amazing the shower was I could see why! My mom and Bonnie really outdid themselves. Don't worry though! I'm also so grateful to everyone else who helped! It seemed like everyone had a hand in it! Thank you so much to all our family and friends.

The shower was at the George's beautiful home. I was shocked to see all the white Christmas lights up! Pink and blue table cloths covered the tables and letter blocks spelled out Porter & Delilah. There were adorable bibs on the fence posts. Bottles and pacifiers were scattered around. So many people came and I was completely overwhelmed with the task of unwrapping the gifts! I felt so loved and taken care of. JT and I often remark about how little contact we have with friends our own age anymore, but how forever constant the adults in our ward and stake our. We are just SO grateful!

Trying to get everything packed for the plane trip back to Utah was hard!! I packed as much as I could and still ended up having to leave a lot behind. So if you know anyone who is heading up our way, give us a shout! JT was so sad to miss out on such a great event that we decided that our next shower would just have to be coed. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment