Our Family

Our Family

Friday, April 30, 2010

Seating & Privacy

We LOVE our couch but are well aware of the fact that our living room still needs more places to sit. I fell in love with this double wingbacked chair on craigslist but the seller never answered my inquiries. Then it happened: Monday I saw an ad for a cute little striped loveseat for $30!

Isn't it adorable?! Of course, JT was sure to get a promise out of me to eventually cover the loveseat in something more neutral. In the meantime I get to enjoy the girlishness of it all. :) All that's left now is two chairs for the other side of the room. I have big plans for DIY upholstering on that one. Yay!

Our second dilemma was our entryway. There is NO privacy! Instead of a peep hole, two windows line our doorway. People knock, look in, and wave to us. There's no ignoring. That's really hard when I've finally gotten the twins to sleep and am heading back to try and catch a nap...and then I get caught. Yesterday JT begged me to take some money and buy material for curtains. Anna and I hopped in the car and ended up at Walmart! We found some pretty gray silky material for $1.50 a yard! 3 yards and a curtain rod later we were out the door. Today I spent a major chunk of the day at Brandon and Anna's learning how to sew. It's difficult getting it all just right, but I'm sooo glad I did it! I feel so much more accomplished!

JT immediately hung them when we got home. I realized that we cut them too short but think that it's for the better. I plan on adding a strip of fabric at the bottom to bring in a pop of color. I haven't decided what color I'm going to end up painting the front door. I may do a light yellow with white trim against the blue-gray walls. I already held up the curtain fabric against the blue-gray and it looks wonderful! The BEST part is we now finally have privacy! That actually was the first thing JT said about it all. Now if only we could get people to stop knocking when we post "please don't knock--sleeping babies" signs. Baby steps.

No comments:

Post a Comment